BIOCOM Scholarship & Education Fund
Established over 10 years ago and dedicated to the memory of BIOCOM co-founder, architect James McGraw, the BIOCOM Scholarship and Education Fund recognizes and supports those students demonstrating academic excellence and a desire to pursue research in a broad range of life sciences related technologies.
The BIOCOM Scholarship is open to those who:
• Exhibit the traits modeled by BIOCOM co-founder, James McGraw
(leadership, passion for life science, integrity, and community service)
• First or second year graduate school students with a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale who plan to attend or are attending an accredited graduate school program at CSUF, CSUSM, SDSU, UCI, UCSD, USD or UC Riverside
• Demonstrate a likelihood of achieving academic success with primary emphasis in biology, chemistry, physical and computational bioscience or biomedical engineering
• Have a commitment to serving the Southern California life science community
• Have a career goal of working in the life science industry and do not intend to practice medicine
• Preference may be given to students who demonstrate financial need
The BIOCOM scholarship is administered by The San Diego Foundation. Students interested in applying must submit the Common Application Form along with the required supporting documentation.
The BIOCOM Scholarship may be renewable for up to two years, provided the recipient maintains a positive academic record. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, fees, and room and board.
Average number of awards per year: 2
Average amount of award to each student per year: $3,500
For guidelines and to apply please go to this link and fill out the Commom Scholarship Application: http://www.sdfoundation.org/GrantsScholarships/Scholarships/ForStudents/AvailableScholarships.aspx
The BIOCOM Scholarship would not be possible without the generous support of our donors. The BIOCOM Institute accepts donations to The San Diego Foundation BIOCOM Scholarship and Education fund year round. In order to claim tax deductions for your charitable contribution, checks must be made payable to "The San Diego Foundation", with "BIOCOM Scholarship" in the memo line. Checks should be mailed to the BIOCOM Institute:
4510 Executive Drive, Plaza One
San Diego, CA 92121
Tel (858) 455-0300
Fax (858) 455-0022
attn: Kristie Grover
Thank you for your support!
Please see our main website: www.biocominstitute.org